Friday, February 11, 2011

Tarma's Blog - Friday! A glorious day in the Sunshine!!!

I am sat here with a well-deserved glass of wine and a scrummy milk chocolate Lindt bunny (courtesy of Sharron!!) recalling the days events.

What better way to start the day than with a class on the fabulous advanced schoolmaster Rossi, practising our pirhouettes and tempi changes amongst other things.

The highlight of the lesson however had to be when ever-generous and glorious "Ross Man" saw fit to give me pretty much as many one-time changes as he could fit in along the diagonal and even stepped in when I got it wrong - how humble do I feel!!!



Then I rode the new boy in who has not been sat until since August of last year and arrived with me a couple of days ago. Even though he has a super morpholgical CV and has been trained to an advanced level, his owners time requirements have not allowed her to work him for a very long time so he has come to us to be sold.

Again, a humbling experience. After approximately two and a half minutes on the lunge, I mounted and he was as good as gold, as if he had not had a day off, let alone several months - what a star!! Please keep an eye on the website for details of this chap - we think he will make someone a very happy person!

These glorious animals never cease to amaze me and I am happy to say that, even after all these years, I am still ever so slightly in awe of them. Horses like this should never be taken for granted!

Which brings me to my next point. A big congratulations to Sue Harcombe and her super boy Faisan who she purchased from us last year. This stunning couple have just won their first rosette in their maiden outing - we are sure it will be the first of many!!!

Also to Sarah and Kate Newell who own the gorgeous mare Deseada. We received a lovely email from them yesterday saying that she is giving them both so much fun and pleasure and is really coming on. She is either ridden, schooled or lunged everyday and they are amazed how much time they spend at the yard and their social life and housework are really suffering, but know what they would rather be doing anyday!

Sarah is taking part in dressage etc and Kate has joined Offas Dyke Endurance UK Group. Yesterday they completed their first endurance ride of 26K and Deseada was brilliant! Sarah has also taken her hunting and she looked as if she had been doing it all her life!



Do keep us updated everyone - it is so lovely to get feedback!

Please do keep reading to see how our new boy gets on and to hear about the arrival of Botinero next week as he is rather stunning aswell! Also, we will be bringing Chilena in to be backed very soon so that should make for some light entertainment!!!

Now, I shall leave you all and get back to my bunny, who is in danger of melting.

Take care everyone, one of us will be back to you soon!!

1 comment:

Faisan's mum said...

Hello All, I was absolutely delighted with my boy Faisan. At his first 'party' he travelled well, unloaded and went into a very busy warm-up arena without batting an eyelid. He does think he is rather beautiful and soon began to show the others just how, his head raised he made sure all could see him!! On entering the arena (which was indoors and away from 'his herd') he grew and called out 'help I am not so cocky now, it is a bit scarry in here'. He decided that it was safer to stay with Mum rather than try to call the shots and ended up behaving very well achieving his first rosette.

I love this horse as much now as I did the first day I saw him, he is still truely wonderful and definately my best friend. I am so pleased Tarma and Sharron found him and brought him to England. Sue.